Friday, November 7, 2008

NJEA Convention

I attended the NJEA Convention on Friday it was a great experience for me. I also was amazed how many things you recieve free for vendors. I took one of the workshops "Reading and Writing Workshop for Elementary English Language Learners. The speaker talked about how to get your english language learners/ all students to become good readers and writers. The speaker talked about comprehension strategies that can be used. She when over steps they would take in a reading and writing workshop such as these steps: schema, making connections, questiong, visualizing, inferring and synthesis. It was a interesting workshop.

I stopped at the Scholastic vendors, they were really helpful. I started talking to one of the ladies and mentioned that I will be doing a presentation and a rubric on how I would evaluate the Scholastic web site. She was very helpful and I was very happy that she took time out to talk and show me all the great points "Scholastic" offers teachers, students and parents . It was great and I gained more knowledge about Scholastic and I am looking forward to presenting my presentation.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thank you so much for sharing this experience.

Did anyone else go to the convention?